Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionAn exciting new series of Maths titles from Andrew Brodie focusing on the teaching of number and calculation skills. Primary children are w taught number and calculation skills using a range of different methods. This range and variety is most ticeable at Key Stage 2 but the foundations are laid in Key Stage 1. The most obvious difficulties emerge with how to teach multiplication. Most schools are w using a grid method, which should lead through to a vertical format, but many teachers are t clear as to when to make the switch or how to do it. What Number Journey provides is a clear, logical progression with lots of practice at each step along the way. It covers the four rules: addition, subtraction and multiplication and specify particular methods for each one. Most of the materials that are currently on the market are full maths programmes addressing all aspects of maths, including 'using and applying mathematics', or are targeting narrow areas such as mental maths. Number Journey would address strands 2, 3 and 4 of the new Mathematics framework: 'counting and understanding number', 'kwing and using number facts' and 'calculating'. An extremely useful feature of the series is the letters to parents helping schools to explain to parents the approach being used.
- Author BiographyAndrew Brodie was a head teacher for twelve years after many successful years in the primary classroom. He began writing his best selling educational books in 1992 and since then has established himself as a name that teachers have come to trust. He is still very much involved in education and continues to teach on a regular basis.
- Author(s)Andrew Brodie
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleNumber Journey
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndrew Brodie Publications
- Content NoteBlack and white
- Weight268 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.