All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $22.08
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe world is full of fascinating facts and statistics, but presented without context and in particular order they can be overwhelming. Numberland: The World in Numbers interprets the world around us through numbers, breaking the most amazing and revealing of facts down to their bare bones. For example, did you kw that the average eyelash lasts five months? That 400 quarter-pound hamburgers can be made out of one cow? Or that the average human will grow 590 miles of hair in their lifetime? Ordered in easily digestible sections such as 'Around the World', 'the USA', 'Money', 'Religion' and 'History', the book navigates an ordered path through a isy world of information overload.
- Author BiographyMitchell Symons was born in 1957 in London and educated at Mill Hill School and the LSE, where he studied Law. Since leaving BBC TV, where he was a researcher and then a director, he has worked as a writer, broadcaster and journalist. He was a principal writer of early editions of the board game Trivial Pursuit and has devised many television formats. He wrote an award-winning weekly column for the Daily Express and currently writes a weekly column for the Sunday Express. He has written over sixty books - including fifteen for children with more in various stages of preparation. He has won the Blue Peter Best Book With Facts Award for the past two years running. In naming Mitchell as the friend he would phone (as a Phone-A-Friend) if he were appearing on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Chris Tarrant said: Mitch knows more totally useless things about useless subjects than anybody on earth .
- Author(s)Mitchell Symons
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- SubjectTrivia & Quiz Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Edition StatementExport ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.