All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume describes, in words and with artworks, the basic principles of numbers - arithmetic, whole numbers, natural numbers and the concepts of zero and infinity. It examines: how old numbers are and how they were developed; who invented algebra, geometry and calculus; how these ideas affect our daily lives; and the ways in which numbers have been used in art, music and other disciplines.
- Author(s)Denis Guedj,Lory Frankel
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication16/02/1998
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleNew Horizons S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width125 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.