All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe transition from studying calculus in schools to studying mathematical analysis at university is toriously difficult. In this third edition of Numbers and Functions, Professor Burn invites the student reader to tackle each of the key concepts in turn, progressing from experience through a structured sequence of more than 800 problems to concepts, definitions and proofs of classical real analysis. The sequence of problems, of which most are supplied with brief answers, draws students into constructing definitions and theorems for themselves. This natural development is informed and complemented by historical insight. Carefully corrected and updated throughout, this new edition also includes extra questions on integration and an introduction to convergence. The vel approach to rigorous analysis offered here is designed to enable students to grow in confidence and skill and thus overcome the traditional difficulties.
- Author BiographyR. P. Burn is an Honorary University Fellow at the University of Exeter. His other titles include Groups: A Path to Geometry (1985) and A Pathway into Number Theory (1982).
- Author(s)R. P. Burn
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note65 b/w illus. 800 exercises
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.