All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionNumerical Computing with MATLAB is a lively textbook for an introductory course in numerical methods, MATLAB, and technical computing. The emphasis is on the informed use of mathematical software; in particular, the presentation helps readers learn eugh about the mathematical functions in MATLAB to use them correctly, appreciate their limitations, and modify them appropriately. The book makes extensive use of computer graphics, including interactive graphical expositions of numerical algorithms. It provides more than 70 M-files, which can be downloaded from the text Web site www.mathworks.com/moler. Many of the more than 200 exercises involve modifying and extending these programs. The topics covered include an introduction to MATLAB; linear equations; interpolation; zeros and roots; least squares; quadrature; ordinary differential equations; Fourier analysis; random numbers; eigenvalues and singular values; and partial differential equations. Motivating applications include modern problems from cryptography, touch-tone dialing, Google page-ranking, atmospheric science, and image processing, as well as classical problems from physics and engineering. This 2008 revision includes changes and corrections made since the book was originally published in 2004.
- Author BiographyCleve B. Moler is Chairman and Chief Scientist at The MathWorks. He has previously been a professor of mathematics and computer science at the University of Michigan, Stanford University and the University of New Mexico. He subsequently worked with two computer hardware manufacturers, the Intel Hypercube organization and Ardent Computers. His professional interests centre on numerical analysis and scientific computing. He is the original author of MATLAB, as well as one of the authors of the LINPACK and EISPACK scientific libraries for matrix computation. He is also co-author of three textbooks on numerical methods. He has served SIAM as a journal editor, Council member, Vice-President and, since 1996, a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Author(s)Cleve B. Moler
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Note95 b/w illus. 221 exercises
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Reprinted edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.