Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionNUMERICAL METHODS, 4E, International Edition emphasizes the intelligent application of approximation techniques to the type of problems that commonly occur in engineering and the physical sciences. Readers learn why the numerical methods work, what kinds of errors to expect, and when an application might lead to difficulties. The authors also provide information about the availability of high-quality software for numerical approximation routines. The techniques are the same as those covered in the authors' top-selling Numerical Analysis text, but this text provides an overview for students who need to kw the methods without having to perform the analysis. This concise approach still includes mathematical justifications, but only when they are necessary to understand the methods. The emphasis is placed on describing each technique from an implementation standpoint, and on convincing the reader that the method is reasonable both mathematically and computationally.
- Author BiographyJ. Douglas Faires is a Professor of Mathematics at Youngstown State University. His research interests include analysis, numerical analysis, and mathematics history. Dr. Faires has won many awards, including Outstanding College-University Teacher of Mathematics, Ohio Section of MAA (1996) and Youngstown State University, Distinguished Professor for Teaching (1995-1996). Richard L. Burden is a Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Youngstown State University. His master's degree in mathematics and doctoral degree in mathematics, with a specialization in numerical analysis, were both awarded by Case Western Reserve University. He also earned a masters degree in computer science from the University of Pittsburgh. His mathematical interests include numerical analysis, numerical linear algebra, and mathematical statistics. Dr. Burden has been named a distinguished professor for teaching and service three times at Youngstown State University. He was also named a distinguished chair as the chair of the Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences. He wrote the Actuarial Examinations in Numerical Analysis from 1990 until 1999.
- Author(s)J. Douglas Faires,J.Douglas Faires,Richard Burden
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 4th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.