All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionInstructors love Numerical Methods for Engineers because it makes teaching easy! Students love it because it is written for them--with clear explanations and examples throughout. The text features a broad array of applications that span all engineering disciplines. The sixth edition retains the successful instructional techniques of earlier editions. Chapra and Canale's unique approach opens each part of the text with sections called Motivation, Mathematical Background, and Orientation. This prepares the student for upcoming problems in a motivating and engaging manner. Each part closes with an Epilogue containing Trade-Offs, Important Relationships and Formulas, and Advanced Methods and Additional References. Much more than a summary, the Epilogue deepens understanding of what has been learned and provides a peek into more advanced methods. Helpful separate Appendices. Getting Started with MATLAB abd Getting Started with Mathcad which make excellent references. Numerous new or revised problems drawn from actual engineering practice, many of which are based on exciting new areas such as bioengineering. The expanded breadth of engineering disciplines covered is especially evident in the problems, which w cover such areas as biotechlogy and biomedical engineering. Excellent new examples and case studies span asll areas of engineering disciplines; the students using this text will be able to apply their new skills to their chosen field. Users will find use of software packages, specifically MATLAB(R), Excel(R) with VBA and Mathcad(R). This includes material on developing MATLAB(R) m-files and VBA macros.
- Author BiographySteve Chapra teaches in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at Tufts University where he holds the Louis Berger Chair in Computing and Engineering. His other books include Surface Water-Quality Modeling and Applied Numerical Methods with MATLAB. Raymond P. Canale is an emeritus professor at the University of Michigan. During his over 20-year career at the university, he taught numerous courses in the area of computers, numerical methods, and environmental engineering.
- Author(s)Raymond P. Canale,Steven C. Chapra
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date13/01/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width212 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement6th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.