All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many books on the use of numerical methods for solving engineering problems and for modeling of engineering artifacts. In addition there are many styles of such presentations ranging from books with a major emphasis on theory to books with an emphasis on applications. The purpose of this book is hopefully to present a somewhat different approach to the use of numerical methods for - gineering applications. Engineering models are in general nlinear models where the response of some appropriate engineering variable depends in a nlinear manner on the - plication of some independent parameter. It is certainly true that for many types of engineering models it is sufficient to approximate the real physical world by some linear model. However, when engineering environments are pushed to - treme conditions, nlinear effects are always encountered. It is also such - treme conditions that are of major importance in determining the reliability or failure limits of engineering systems. Hence it is essential than engineers have a toolbox of modeling techniques that can be used to model nlinear engineering systems. Such a set of basic numerical methods is the topic of this book. For each subject area treated, nlinear models are incorporated into the discussion from the very beginning and linear models are simply treated as special cases of more general nlinear models. This is a basic and fundamental difference in this book from most books on numerical methods.
- Author(s)John R. Hauser
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1678 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.