All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNumerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations: Finite Difference and Finite Volume Methods focuses on two popular deterministic methods for solving partial differential equations (PDEs), namely finite difference and finite volume methods. The solution of PDEs can be very challenging, depending on the type of equation, the number of independent variables, the boundary, and initial conditions, and other factors. These two methods have been traditionally used to solve problems involving fluid flow. For practical reasons, the finite element method, used more often for solving problems in solid mechanics, and covered extensively in various other texts, has been excluded. The book is intended for beginning graduate students and early career professionals, although advanced undergraduate students may find it equally useful. The material is meant to serve as a prerequisite for students who might go on to take additional courses in computational mechanics, computational fluid dynamics, or computational electromagnetics. The tations, language, and technical jargon used in the book can be easily understood by scientists and engineers who may t have had graduate-level applied mathematics or computer science courses.
- Author BiographySandip Mazumder received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Penn State University. After graduation, he joined CFD Research Corporation, where he was one of the architects and early developers of the commercial computational fluid dynamics code CFD-ACE+. In 2004, he joined the Ohio State University, where he teaches both graduate and undergraduate courses in heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics, numerical methods, and computational fluid dynamics. He is the author of over fifty journal publications, which have been cited more than one thousand times according to the ISI citation index. Dr. Mazumder is the recipient of several research and teaching awards, and is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers since 2011.
- Author(s)Sandip Mazumder
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication16/12/2015
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.