All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn many important areas of scientific computing, polymials in one or more variables are employed in the mathematical modeling of real-life phemena; yet most of classical computer algebra assumes exact rational data. This book is the first comprehensive treatment of numerical polymial algebra, an emerging area that falls between classical numerical analysis and classical computer algebra, and which has received surprisingly little attention so far. The author introduces a conceptual framework that permits the meaningful solution of various algebraic problems with multivariate polymial equations whose coefficients have some indeterminacy; for this purpose, he combines approaches of both numerical linear algebra and commutative algebra. For the application scientist, this book provides both a survey of polymial problems in scientific computing that may be solved numerically and a guide to their numerical treatment. In addition, the book provides both introductory sections and vel extensions, making it more easily accessible.
- Author BiographyHans J. Stetter is Professor Emeritus of Numerical Mathematics at the Vienna University of Technology, Austria. He is the author of more than 90 publications and has been editor or associate editor of Computing, Numerische Mathematik, Transactions on Numerical Software, Mathematics of Computation, and various other journals. He is a member of the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina.
- Author(s)Hans J. Stetter
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight860 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.