All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn original mechanical formulation to treat nlinear orthotropic behavior of composite materials is presented in this book. It also examines different formulations that allow us to evaluate the behavior of composite materials through the composition of its components, obtaining a new composite material. Also two multiple scale homogenization methods are given, one based on the analytical study of the cells (Ad-hoc homogenization) and other one, more general based on the finite element procedure applied on the macro scale (upper-scale) and in the micro scale (sub-scale). A very general formulation to simulate the mechanical behavior for traditional composite structures (plywood, reinforced concrete, masonry, etc.), as well as the new composite materials reinforced with long and short fibers, natubes, etc., are also shown in this work. Typical phemena occurring in composite materials are also described in this work, including fiber-matrix debonding, local buckling of fibers and its coupling with the overall buckling of the structure. Finally, several numerical examples that evaluates the qualities and capabilities of the general model formulated are offered in this book. This book is intended for graduate engineering students who want to expand their kwledge of composite structures behavior.
- Author BiographySergio Oller was appointed Full Professor at the School of Civil Engineering of the Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain in 1988 and has worked there, as well as at the International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), up to the present. He has also been Visiting Professor at the Civil Engineering Laboratory of the National University of Tucuman, Argentina and at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of the University of California at Berkeley, USA. Oller teaches Strength of Materials and Structures , a course in Civil Engineering, Geologic Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering; Fracture Mechanics , a course in Numerical Methods in Engineering and Composite Materials and Non-linear Dynamics courses in the Doctoral Program in Structural Engineering. His research fields include: New Structural Materials, Industrial Casting Processes, Parallel Computing, Constitutive Models, Composites Materials, Fatigue, Earthquake Engineering and Dynamic of Structures. His research fields include: New Structural Materials, Industrial Casting Processes, Parallel Computing, Constitutive Models, Composites Materials, Fatigue, Earthquake Engineering and Dynamic of Structures.
- Author(s)Sergio Oller
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleLecture Notes on Numerical Methods in Engineering and Sciences
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight522 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.