All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- Description100 years after nurse Wallace Buster Pickering died citizens of the late 21st century in the town of Plainfield, New Hampshire will find their village can w use the fund he left at his death to relieve their misfortunes and send poor children to college. The humble man who ran away from immigrant parents as a teenager became a nurse to the richest people in America. He could choose his future. He chose a young woman from a New Hampshire village, followed her home, and there they stayed the rest of their lives. His love for her became his love for her hometown, and for its future. This is the story of love and its best consequences.
- Author BiographyWallace Kaufman left Duke University to study in his maternal grandparent's England as a Marshall Scholar at Oxford. He's the author of several books, including his own memoir, Coming Out of the Woods. His articles have appeared in national and international publications. He has also lived and worked in the remote regions of Siberia and in Central Asia as an adviser to governments, small businesses, and non-profits. He makes his home in western Oregon, writing, providing mediation and arbitration services, and enjoying natural history.
- Author(s)Wallace Vickers Kaufman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.