All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.31Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionADHD is one of the most commonly diagsed behavioural disorders in children and young people. It is a complex and contested condition, with potential causes and treatments in biological, psychological and social domains. This is the first comprehensive text for nurses and other health professionals in this field. Nursing Children and Young People with ADHD explores the evidence, incorporating and expanding on the new NICE guidelines for practice in this area, to provide an essential kwledge base for practice. The text covers: causes, diagsis, co-morbidity, user and carer perspectives, assessment, treatment and interventions (including those suitable for use in schools), prescribing and the legal background. An invaluable text for pre-registration student nurses on mental health and children branches, this will also be a useful reference work for post-registration nurses and health professionals seeking evidence-based recommendations for practice.
- Author BiographyNoreen Ryan is Nurse Consultant within Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services for Bolton Hospitals Trust. She is part of the NICE practice guidelines development group for the assessment and treatment of ADHD in children, adolescents and adults. Tim McDougall is Nurse Consultant within Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in Cheshire and Merseyside and a project manager within the Cheshire and Merseyside Child Health Development Programme.
- Author(s)Noreen Ryan,Tim McDougall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.