All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world of modern, involved, caring parents, why are so many kids aggressive and cruel? Where is intelligence hidden in the brain, and why does that matter? Why do cross-racial friendships decrease in schools that are more integrated? If 98% of kids think lying is morally wrong, then why do 98% of kids lie? What's the single most important thing that helps infants learn language? NurtureShock is a groundbreaking collaboration between award-winning science journalists Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman. They argue that when it comes to children, we've mistaken good intentions for good ideas. With impeccable storytelling and razor-sharp analysis, they demonstrate that many of modern society's strategies for nurturing children are in fact backfiring--because key twists in the science have been overlooked. Nothing like a parenting manual, the authors' work is an insightful exploration of themes and issues that transcend children's and adults') lives.
- Author BiographyPo Bronson and Ashley Merryman's New York Magazine articles on the science of children won the magazine journalism award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science, as well as the Clarion Award from the Association for Women in Communications. Their articles for Time Magazine won the award for outstanding journalism from the Council on Contemporary Families. Bronson has authored five books, including the #1 New York Times bestseller What Should I Do With My Life?
- Author(s)Ashley Merryman,Po Bronson
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationIN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTime Warner Audio Books
- Weight136 g
- Width132 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Read byPo Bronson
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time480
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.45
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $96.94
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $21.05Trending at AU $28.73
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $50.77
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $46.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.