All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionOn December 14, 2012, Scarlett Lewis experienced something that parent should ever have to endure: she lost her son Jesse in an act of unimaginable violence. The day started just like any other, but when a gunman opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Scarlett s life changed forever. However, this isn t a story about a massacre. It s a story about love and survival. It s about how to face the impossible, how to find courage when you think you have ne, and how to choose love instead of anger, fear, or hatred. Following Jesse s death, Scarlett went on an unexpected journey, inspired by a simple three-word message he had scrawled on their kitchen chalkboard shortly before he died: Norurting Helin Love (Nurturing Healing Love). It was as if he knew just what his family would need in order to go on after this horrible tragedy. Bolstered by his words, Scarlett took her first step toward a new life. And with each step, it became clearer how true Jesse s message was. She learned that love was indeed the essential element necessary to move forward and that taking the path of love is a choice. We can live in anger and resentment, or we can choose love and forgiveness. With her decision made, she found some peace and began to believe that choosing love was the key to creating a healthy, safe, and happy world. She began the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Foundation to develop programs to teach children about the power each of us has to change our thoughts and choose a life without fear and hate. Nurturing Healing Love is Scarlett s story of how choosing love is changing her life and how it could change our world.
- Author BiographyScarlett Lewis is a mother, an artist, an avid horsewoman, and a new activist for peace. She is the founder of the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Foundation, created in honor of her son who was killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in December 2012. Scarlett lives with her family on a farm in Newtown, Connecticut. Natasha Stoynoff is a New York Times best-selling author and former staff writer for People and freelancer for Time magazines. She lives in Manhattan, where she is currently working on books, screenplays, and her first off-Broadway play. A portion of the proceeds from sales of this book will be donated to the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Foundation. To learn more about the foundation or to make a donation, go to www.jesselewischooselove.org.
- Author(s)Natasha Stoynoff,Scarlett Lewis,Stoynoff
- PublisherHay House
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHay House
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.