Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
- AU $34.83Trending at AU $37.93
About this product
- DescriptionScarlett Lewis' son Jesse was one of the 26 people who lost their lives in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Nurturing, Healing, Love is the incredible true story of her son's powerful message of love and hope before his tragic death. Scarlett's story: Several weeks after Jesse's physical body died, I found his handwriting on our chalkboard in the kitchen. It is clearly his six-year-old printing, at just the height he could reach on the board. In carefully formed letters, and phonetically spelled, it reads, 'Norurting helin love' (Nurturing, healing love). Jesse's babysitter, who was staying with us at the time, had been with him every afteron and evening. Neither of us, including his brother, had seen him write this prophetic statement. When you read this, you kw it was written by the spirit within Jesse, one that was determined to leave a message for his mom, his brother, his extended family, and the world that would comfort and inspire us. JT found a personal message from Jesse left in his room, on a piece of paper folded several times in a small rectangle. It was printed with carefully formed letters and said simply, 'Have a lot of fun.' I have doubt Jesse wanted JT, (who tended to sometimes have a more serious attitude towards life) to remember to have fun. JT treasures this; he will always kw that his little brother was caring about him and had left him this gift of love. I made a conscious decision to face this personal tragedy with love and forgiveness. The outpouring of love and support of our town, the nation and the world has shown that we can unite as one in love, and have victory in the face of evil. I believe this tragedy has changed many lives; many are w choosing a more loving path. We are all faced with a choice when we wake up in the morning - will we choose to live our lives in fear or faith? Then we step out into the world where good and evil do battle every day. It is the charge of each one of us to bring light and love into the world and we do this by every thought and interaction we have on a daily basis.
- Author BiographyScarlett Lewis, mother of Jesse Lewis and founder of The Jesse Lewis Choose Love Foundation, graduated from Boston University with a B.S. in Communications in 1990. When she became a parent for the first time, Scarlett wrote and published a children's book, Rose's Foal. An artist and avid horsewoman, Scarlett lives on a small horse farm in Connecticut with her son and animals.
- Author(s)Scarlett Lewis
- PublisherHay House UK Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHay House UK Ltd
- Weight253 g
- Width136 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.