All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a fresh approach to learning from the school that 'threw out the National Curriculum' and 'banned homework'! St. John's School and Community College in Wiltshire made headline news this year. In challenging old ideas about homework and the National Curriculum, St. John's has developed its own integrated curriculum based on learning to learn, managing information, managing situations, relating to people and global citizenship - a curriculum designed to equip learners with the skills and kwledge they need to thrive in the real world. The success of this new approach has resulted in: improved academic progress; better behaviour; increased confidence; and more responsible learners. Nurturing Independent Thinkers is both a practical guide to the implementation of the 'St. John's curriculum' and a realistic account of the journey taken by the staff and students involved.
- Author BiographyAll of the contributors are on the staff of St John's School. Dr Patrick Hazlewood, headteacher, has long challenged the static and restrictive nature of the secondary curriculum and management practice. He has worked with the RSA since 1999 on the Opening Minds project and is currently a member of the RSA's curriculum advisory panel. Dr Mike Bosher, deputy headteacher, has taught science for the last 20 years. He is a member of the strategy management team; is child protection co-ordinator, educational visits co-ordinator and is responsible for continuing profession development and school self-evaluation.
- PublisherNetwork Educational Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationStafford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Educational Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width297 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byMike Bosher,Patrick Hazlewood
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.