Nurturing the Shy Child by Barbara G. Markway, Gregory P. Markway (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionWith the right kind of care and attention, every child has the chance to overcome his or her shyness. Nurturing The Shy Child provides parents, teachers, guidance counsellors and other concerned adults with the latest information and practical tools that they need to help shy and socially anxious kids. This book covers the entire shy spectrum - from shyness in only certain situations to social anxiety disorder - and provides proven methods adults can use to ease the child's discomfort, tailored to specific ages and levels of anxiety. Unlike other books on shyness, Nurturing The Shy Child also offers much needed information on problems that can go along with shyness and social anxiety, including depression, school anxiety, separation anxiety, excessive worry, selective mutism, and more. Written by psychologists Barbara and Gregory Markway, co-authors of Painfully Shy and respected experts in the field, this book's sensible and reassuring tone goes a long way toward preventing needless suffering in children and offers their parents some long-overdue hope.
- Author BiographyBarbara G. Markway, Ph.D., is a psychologist and co-author of Painfully Shy and Dying of Embarrassment. A nationally-recognized expert, she has appeared on Good Morning America and has been featured in The New York Times, Prevention, Women's World, Shape, and other prominent national publications. Together with her husband, Greg, she was a part of an award-winning documentary, Afraid of People, which aired throughout the country. Dr. Markway practices in Jefferson City, Missouri where she is the director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Center of Mid-Missouri.Gregory P. Markway, Ph.D., co-wrote Painfully Shy with his wife, Barbara. He has been featured in national magazines such as Health, Men's Health, and Bottom Line Personal. Dr. Markway, also a psychologist, practices in Jefferson City and was previously an adjunct faculty member at the Washington University School of Medicine. When he's not helping others overcome their anxiety, he enjoys coaching youth baseball and offering sports enhancement services.
- Author(s)Barbara G. Markway,Gregory P. Markway
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication14/08/2006
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Note3 black/white line drawings
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.