All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionSports nutrition has evolved beyond what to eat and how much to eat to w include the question of when to eat. A hot topic in sports nutrition, nutrient timing is a dietary concept that takes into account time as a missing dimension in athletic performance and recovery. Not only is the consumption of nutrients in ideal amounts and proportions important, but the timing with which they are administered is also of prime importance-the right nutrients at the ideal time to affect performance and muscular growth. Nutrient Timing: Metabolic Optimization for Health, Performance, and Recovery presents the most authoritative text to date that scientifically examines the contemporary topic of nutrient timing. Worldwide research continues to rapidly explore the metabolic impact of nutrient timing and how its proper application may help to improve performance. With contributions from scientists and practitioners in the field, this book gathers the latest evidence-based information on this cutting-edge area. The chapters cover macronutrients-carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids-and their role in sporting activity, as well as an examination of vitamins and minerals. The core of the book focuses on pre-exercise, mid-exercise, and post-exercise considerations for both resistance and aerobically mediated activity. Using the models presented, individuals may improve performance, promote optimal adaptations to training, maximize recovery, and facilitate healthy interactions with their environment. The final chapters of the book describe future concepts in nutrient timing, including the impact of protein source in the context of timing, how nutrient timing can fit in with a comprehensive recovery program, and the application of the ideas discussed in unique populations such as the aged, the military, and populations interested in weight loss. This text provides solid data from the scientists themselves, giving researchers, teachers, coaches, and medical and health care professionals the necessary information they need to accurately and effectively determine how nutrients can impact certain outcomes and, most importantly, how to practically apply this kwledge.
- Author BiographyChad M. Kerksick, PhD, FACSM, FISSN, ATC, CSCS*D, NSCA-CPT*D, is currently an assistant professor of exercise physiology in the Health and Exercise Science Department at the University of Oklahoma. He founded, developed, and directs the Applied Biochemistry and Molecular Physiology Laboratory and holds adjunct positions in the Endocrinology and Diabetes Section with the Department of Pediatrics and Department of Physiology at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 38 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChad M. Kerksick
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.