Nutrients A - Z: A User's Guide to Foods, Herbs, Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements by Michael Sharon (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Nov
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith processed foods and commercially-farmed produce offering us less and less essential nutrition these days, people are taking a greater interest in their diet as a way to stay healthy and cope with illness and everyday stress. As a result the market is swamped with health claims for every kind of food and a profusion of health supplements, each one claiming wonder properties.Now in its fifth edition with many new entries and updated information in existing entries, Nutrients A-Z is an easy-to-use dictionary of every food, herb, vitamin, mineral or supplement you might encounter: from bananas and carrots, olive oil and yoghurt (the oldest natural medicines), to blueberries, guarana and St John's Wort. Each entry gives a definition in plain language: what it is and where it comes from; the form it takes; how to prepare or enjoy it; its medicinal and health benefits and recommended daily dose. In addition, any other key terms or nutrients that are mentioned within the entries are marked in bold to let the reader kw that there is a separate entry on that subject.
- Author BiographyDr Michael Sharon is a nutrition consultant to health food companies with his own private practice. He is the author of the bestsellers Complete Nutrition, Eat to Live, and Food and Health and is Israel's leading expert on nutrition. A graduate of the International University for Nutritional Education in California, he is now based in London.
- Author(s)Michael Sharon
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2009
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date18/10/2012
- Weight281 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.