Nutrition: An Applied Approach Plus MasteringNutrition with Etext -- Access Card Package by Janice J. Thompson, Melinda Manore (Mixed media product, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $364.95+ AU $12.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $232.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are t transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. Packages Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase. Used or rental books If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code. Access codes Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase. -- Nutrition: An Applied Approach, Fourth Edition introduces you to nutrition with an invative, applied format that discourages rote memorization and promotes long-term understanding of the material. Building on your natural interest in nutrition, the authors demonstrate in a clear, conversational style how key nutritional information relates to your personal health and nutrition, and show how to debunk commonly held misconceptions. The applied approach is reflected in the functional organization of the micronutrient chapters, focusing on the vitamins and minerals and their primary functions within the body. The applied content is focused on key content areas: fluid and electrolyte balance, antioxidant function, bone health, and energy metabolism and blood health-topics of particular importance to instructors. You can easily grasp this accessible conceptual framework for understanding the role nutrients play in bodies and overall health. The Fourth Edition features MasteringNutrition(TM), an online homework, assessment, and tutorial system that allows instructors to personalize the nutrition course like never before with next generation course management tools. Master topics through interactive mini-lessons, quizzing, and immediate wrong-answer feedback. This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience-for you. Here's how: *Personalize learning with MasteringNutrition: Improve results quickly by mastering concepts from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to keep you on track. *Help students visualize and understand tough topics: All-New Focus Figures appear in bold, full-page displays throughout the text to help teach you the toughest topics in nutrition. *Emphasize applications: Practice core nutrition concepts by using MyDietAnalysis, a software system that allows you to complete a diet assignment and then enter the information to create a variety of reports, in addition to other tools. 0321908740 / 9780321908742 Nutrition: An Applied Approach Plus MasteringNutrition with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0321910397 / 9780321910394 Nutrition: An Applied Approach 0321956737 / 9780321956736 MasteringNutrition with MyDietAnalysis with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Nutrition: An Applied Approach
- Author BiographyJanice Thompson earned her Ph.D. at Arizona State University in exercise science with an emphasis in exercise physiology and nutrition. She is currently a professor in the School of Sports and Exercise Sciences at The University of Birmingham, U.K. Her work in the United Kingdom focuses on developing nutrition and physical activity interventions to reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes in high-risk populations. Janice has retained her U.S. affiliation as a nutrition and exercise research consultant with the Office of Native American Diabetes Programs at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. Janice is a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and a member of the American Society for Nutrition (ASN), the British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES), and The Nutrition Society. Janice won an undergraduate teaching award while a faculty member at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. Janice publishes two other nutrition books with Pearson: the higher-level majors text, The Science of Nutrition (just published in its 3rd edition), and the consumer-level book, Nutrition for Life, Third Edition. In addition, Janice co-authored Sport Nutrition for Health and Performance, with Melinda Manore (published by Human Kinetics). Melinda Manore earned a doctorate in human nutrition with a minor in exercise physiology at Oregon State University, and a master's degree in health education from the University of Oregon. She is currently a professor in the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences at Oregon State University, where she teaches and conducts research in the area of nutrition and exercise. Before coming to Oregon State, she taught at Arizona State University for 17 years. Melinda's areas of specialization include nutritional requirements and issues for active women, nutrition assessment, and the role that nutrition and exercise play in health, energy balance, obesity, and disordered eating. A registered dietitian, Melinda is an active member of the American Dietetic Association (ADA). She is Past Chair of the ADA Research Committee and the Research DPG (Dietetic Practice Group). Melinda is a member of the American Society of Nutritional Sciences (ASNS), the American Society for Clinical Nutrition (ASCN), the North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO), the National Academy of Sciences Committee on Military Nutrition Research, and a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Melinda writes a nutrition column for and is an associate editor for ACSM's Health and Fitness Journal, and she has won numerous awards for excellence in research and teaching. While at Arizona State University, she was nominated for the Distinguished Mentor of Women Award (1996), and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Alumni Association Outstanding Teaching Award (1998, 2000). In 2001, she received the SCAN Excellence in Practice Award. Melinda co-authored The Science of Nutrition, Third Edition with Janice Thompson and Linda Vaughan; Nutrition for Life, Third Edition with Janice Thompson; and co-authored the Human Kinetics title Sport Nutrition for Health and Performance with Janice.
- Author(s)Janice J. Thompson,Melinda Manore
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication04/01/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Out-of-print date19/03/2015
- Weight1474 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.