Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely revised and updated, Nutrition Support for the Critically Ill Patient: A Guide to Practice, Second Edition presents an unbiased, evidence-based examination of critical nutrition across the life cycle. Taking a multidisciplinary approach, each chapter has been carefully designed to provide a comprehensive review of the literature and a detailed exploration of the practical application of this information. With chapters written by experts, you get the most pertinent and current kwledge available, bolstered by tables, figures, and case studies that make the information accessible. New Coverage in the Second Edition: * Gut microbiota support * Short bowel syndrome * Chronic critically ill phemen * Professional nutrition practice guidelines and protocols * Ethical considerations * Quality and performance improvement Many challenges remain when providing optimal nutrition to all patients under all conditions at all times. Divided into eight sections, the book covers metabolic issues, nutrients for critically ill patients, delivery of nutrition therapy, nutrition therapy throughout the life cycle, special interest groups, specific organ system failure, general systemic failures, and professional issues in the field. It keeps you informed and aware of the continuous accrual of kwledge needed to craft and provide optimal nutrition therapy for the critically ill patient.
- Author BiographyGail A. Cresci, PhD, RD, LD, CNSC is an associate staff in the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Pathobiology at the Cleveland Clinic and assistant professor of medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio. She has more than 25 years of clinical experience practicing in critical care with a focus on surgery and gastrointestinal disorders. Dr. Cresci is the author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, abstracts, and videos and currently serves on the editorial boards of several journals. She lectures extensively, both nationally and internationally, and has held numerous positions within the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN), the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the Society of Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Cresci is the past chair of Dietitians in Nutrition Support, a practice group within the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She has served on multiple national and state society conference planning committees, serving as chair for the ASPEN planning committee. She is the recipient of numerous honors and awards, including the American Dietetic Association Excellence in Practice of Clinical Nutrition, the ASPEN Distinguished Nutrition Support Dietitian Advanced Clinical Practice Award, the ASPEN Promising New Investigator Award, and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Excellence in Practice Dietetics Research Award.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/06/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, 171 black & white tables
- Weight1480 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byGail A. Cresci
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.