All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionNUTRITION THERAPY AND PATHOPHYSIOLOGY, 3E provides a comprehensive review of disease pathophysiology and treatment with a focus on current research into and application of evidence-based nutritional care for students, clinicians, and researchers. It strives to prepare students for success in clinical practice and foster growth in expertise in their field.
- Author BiographyMarcia Nahikian Nelms is currently a professor of clinical health and rehabilitation sciences and director of the dietetic internship in the Division of Medical Dietetics-College of Medicine at Ohio State University and a registered dietician. She has practiced as a dietician and public health nutritionist for over 25 years. Her clinical expertise centers on the development and practice of evidence-based nutrition therapy for a variety of conditions including diabetes, gastrointestinal diseases, and hematology-oncology for both pediatric and adult populations, as well as the development of alternative teaching environments for students receiving their clinical training. She is the lead author of Nutrition Therapy and Pathophysiology (2016) and Medical Nutrition Therapy: A Case Study Approach (2014), both published by Cengage Learning. In addition, she has contributed to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Care Manual sections on gastrointestinal disorders and is the author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and chapters for other texts. Dr. Nahikian Nelms has received the Governor's Award for Outstanding Teaching for the State of Missouri, the award for Outstanding Dietetic Educator in Missouri and Ohio, and the PRIDE award from Southeast Missouri State University in recognition of her teaching. Dr. Sucher received her bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of California and her ScD from Boston University Medical Center in Nutritional Science. She recently retired from San Jose State University, where she taught medical nutrition therapy and was the dietetic internship director for 20 years. in addition to her research interest in nutrition therapy, she is also a recognized authority on how diet, health, and disease are affected by culture/ethnicity and religion. Dr. Sucher has published newsletters, numerous articles, and textbooks on this subject. She is also the coauthor of Nutrition Therapy and Pathophysiology, 3e (Cengage Learning 2016) and Food and Culture, 6e (Cengage Learning 2012).
- Author(s)Kathryn P. Sucher,Marcia Nahikian Nelms
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1996 g
- Width225 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.