Nutrition: What Every Parent Needs to Know by American Academy of Pediatrics (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.69+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential guide to good eating gives parents all the information and strategies they need to meet the dietary needs of children from birth through adolescence, as well as the facts about standards of weight and height; eating disorders and special dietary needs, alternative diets, and supplements; allergies; and concerns over food safety. The new 2nd edition provides updated growth charts, the USDA's new MyPlate model for healthy eating, and new information on topics such as <br>- Allergies<br>- BMI<br>- BPA<br>- Breastfeeding<br>- Celiac disease<br>- Cholesterol-lowering medications<br>- Conflicts/picky eaters<br>- Constipation<br>- Fish, mercury, and omega-3 fatty acids<br>- Food safety<br>- Food scares<br>- Hiding foods<br>- Obesity<br>- Organic foods<br>- Outside influences<br>- Physical activity<br>- Sodium<br>- Vitamins <br>The book also provides special insights into what's best for newborns, introducing solid foods, how to deal with outside influences (including friends, family, and TV commercials), and much more!
- Author BiographyWilliam H. Dietz: William H.Dietz, MD, Phd, FAAP, is the director of the Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity in the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. He has received numerous awards for his contributions to and advocacy for children's nutrition and is the author of more than 200 publications in the scientific literature, as well as the editor of 5 books, including Clinical Obesity in Adults and Children. He lives in Atlanta, GA.<br>Loraine Stern: Loraine Stern, MD, FAAP, is a clinical professor of pediatrics at the University of California, Los Angeles, and has been in private pediatric practice since 1971. She has authored and edited several books and wrote for Women's Day magazine for 20 years. She has appeared on Good Morning America, the Today show, and NBC Nightly News, among many others, and has been interviewed for articles in Good Housekeeping, The New York Times, USA Today, Working Mother, Parents, and more. She lives in Santa Monica, CA. <br>
- PublisherAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationElk Grove Village, Chicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, charts
- Weight500 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLoraine Stern,William H. Dietz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSecond Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.