All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.52
About this product
- DescriptionFood recalls, recently of beef, spinach, peanut butter, and cookie dough, have made people nervous about eating some of their favourite foods. Every year, millions of people contract a food-borne illness. While many cases are thing more than an upset stomach, some result in serious sickness. Nutrition and Food Safety explores the many risks to our food and water supplies, including bacterial contamination, agricultural pesticides, food additives, allergens, and industrial chemicals. Rapid changes in the food industry often outpace the ability of government oversight to protect the consumer. Learn about the interconnecting responsibilities of farmers, food processors, retailers, government regulators, and consumers to assure a safe food supply.
- Author BiographyTerry L. Smith is a biostatistician and science writer who lives in Lawrence, Kansas. She has an M.S. in biometry from the University of Texas School of Public Health. Smith is the author of numerous books and articles relating to human health, including Asthma in Chelsea House's Genes and Disease set.
- Author(s)Terry L. Smith
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight522 g
- Width236 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.