All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionNutrition and Football is a FIFA endorsed book which provides the first formal scientific consensus on players' energy use fluid, and optimal nutritional requirements. Including: * nutrition for pre-season, training, match play and in different climates * analysis of the energy and metabolic demands of players in different positions * water and electrolyte requirements * strategies to balance effects of stress, over training and over playing * ideal body composition in professional football * analysis and interventions to counter late game fatigue * supplements and nutrition for optimum training adaptation * the effects of alcohol on metabolism, performance and general health. Each contributor to this accessible guide is an internationally recognized expert in their field and the chapters embrace all key aspects of nutrition for football. Presenting cutting-edge research, the book has a practical and applied focus and has been developed with input from practicing sports nutrition club professionals.
- Author BiographyRon Maughan is Professor of Sport and Exercise Nutrition at Loughborough University and Chair of the Nutrition Working Group of the International Olympic Committee.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 28 black & white tables, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRonald J. Maughan
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.