Nutrition for Health, Fitness & Sport by Melvin H. Williams, Dawn Anderson, Eric Rawson (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.12Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionNutrition for Health, Fitness & Sport, w in its tenth edition, provides the reader with thorough coverage of the role nutrition plays in enhancing one's health, fitness, and sport performance. Current research and practical activities are incorporated throughout. This edition welcomes the addition of two new authors, Dawn E. Anderson and Eric S. Rawson, both of whom are actively involved in the disciplines of exercise physiology and sports nutrition, and who have used this textbook over the years to teach their university classes. The tenth edition includes incorporation of the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the associated MyPlate model that has replaced the MyPyramid model. The new MyPlate model, which was designed to be more user-friendly for the American population, is discussed in several chapters. New information from authoritative position statements dealing with exercise and nutrition issues has been incorporated in various chapters where relevant. More than 300 new references, including clinical studies, reviews, and meta-analyses, have also been added to the text.
- Author BiographyMelvin Williams is the Director of Human Performance Laboratory at Old Dominion University, and has more than 30 years of lab research with a focus on the role of nutrition in sports. He has written and edited five books on ergogenic aids and the role of nutrition in sports -- his two latest books are The Ergogenics Edge: Pushing the Limits of Sports Performance (Human Kinetics) and Nutrition for Health, Fitness, and Sports, Sixth Edition (McGraw-Hill). He earned a B.S. from East Stroudsburg State College (1962), a Master of Education degree from Ohio University (1963), and a Ph.D. from the University of Maryland (1968), with a doctoral dissertation on the effects of alcohol as a possible means to enhance strength and endurance. He's an accomplished marathon runner, placing first in his age group numerous times in the Marine Corps Marathon, which merited his selection in the Marine Corps Marathon Hall of Fame in 2001.
- Author(s)Dawn Anderson,Eric Rawson,Melvin H. Williams
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight1415 g
- Width231 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.