All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInsightful, well-organized, and clearly written, NUTRITION FOR SPORT AND EXERCISE, 3rd Edition, integrates nutrition and exercise physiology principles, emphasizing scientific reasoning and examining research studies to illuminate the evidence for current nutritional recommendations. In addition, the text helps you translate these nutrition recommendations to specific plans for the appropriate amount and type of foods, beverages, and/or supplements to support training, performance, and recovery. The authors carefully illustrate the links between exercise, nutrition, and, the ultimate goals: optimal performance and health.
- Author BiographyMARIE DUNFORD, Ph.D., R.D., has been involved in sports nutrition since the mid-1980s. In 1985, while a faculty member at California State University, Fresno, she created the curriculum for an upper-division course entitled Nutrition and the Athlete. She taught the course for a total of 16 years, during which time she interacted with thousands of student athletes. This direct exposure to nutrition and exercise science majors and NCAA Division I athletes helped her to develop an understanding of how students learn and the sports nutrition topics that are the most difficult for students to master. In addition to this textbook, Dr. Dunford has written three other books and numerous online sports nutrition courses for nutrition and exercise professionals. She is an active member of SCAN-the Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutritionists-a dietetic practice group of the American Dietetic Association, and a member of the American College of Sports Medicine. She is an avid recreational tennis player and a struggling student of French. J. ANDREW DOYLE, Ph.D., FACSM, is an Associate Professor of Exercise Physiology and the Director of the Applied Physiology Laboratory in the Department of Kinesiology and Health at Georgia State University, where he formerly served as the Department Chair. He received a B.S. in Zoology from Clemson University, an M.S. in Exercise Science from Georgia State University, and his doctorate in Exercise Physiology from the Ohio State University. He has taught exercise physiology, exercise testing and fitness assessment, and exercise programming at the undergraduate and graduate level for over 20 years. His research interests include carbohydrate metabolism and exercise and the role of physical activity, exercise, and fitness in health. He has conducted, published, and presented numerous research studies with cyclists, runners, and triathletes, and has extensive experience testing elite athletes from cycling, running, gymnastics, rowing, canoe and kayak, and basketball. Dr. Doyle is a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Author(s)J. Doyle,Marie Dunford
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour line drawings, black & white tables, colour tables, figures
- Weight1230 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd International edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.