All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDespite 40 years of aggressive pharmaceutical and surgical interventions, coronary artery disease (CAD) remains the number one killer of women and men in Western civilization. When it comes to CAD, prevention is easier than cure, and if CAD does present itself, a combination of conventional and alternative methodologies can truly make a difference in people's lives. Nutritional and Integrative Strategies in Cardiovascular Medicine provides scientific and clinical insight from leaders in the field of cardiovascular medicine who explore an integrative approach to treating and curing cardiovascular diseases through conventional and n-allopathic methodologies. Nutritional interventions with both appropriate ninflammatory diets and targeted nutraceutical supports are simple and basic strategies to prevent as well as help manage CAD and congestive heart failure (CHF). This evidence-based book describes how to integrate nutrition, supplements, lifestyle changes, and medications for improved outcomes in hypertension, lipids, diabetes, coronary heart disease, congestive heart failure, and much more. Topics include: * Nutrigemics, proteomics, and metabolomics in heart disease * The risks and side effects of statin drugs * The value of omega-3s and other fats * Naturopathic approaches * Gender-specific medicine * Nutrient-drug interactions in cardiovascular medicine Nutritional medicine and understanding nutrigemics for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease will become the recommended practice of medicine in the very near future. This book is designed to help established health professionals as well as students preparing for degrees in healthcare.
- Author BiographyDr. Stephen T. Sinatra is a board-certified cardiologist with over 40 years of experience in treating cardiovascular disease. He is an assistant clinical professor of medicine at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine in Farmington, Connecticut, and a clinical assistant professor of family medicine at the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in Biddeford, Maine. Certified as a bioenergetic psychotherapist and nutrition and antiaging specialist, he integrates psychological, nutraceutical, and energy medicine/electroceutical therapies in the matrix of healing. Dr. Mark Houston is an associate clinical professor of medicine at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, director of the Hypertension Institute and Vascular Biology, and medical director of the Division of Human Nutrition at Saint Thomas Medical Group, Saint Thomas Hospital and Health Services in Nashville, Tennessee. He is also on the faculty of A4M for the FAARM and USF, the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) and the Metabolic Medicine Institute (MMI) and George Washington University (GWU). He is one of the opinion leaders and faculty for Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Institute (PLMI).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 28 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMark C. Houston,Stephen T. Sinatra
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.