All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first vel Anthony Powell published following the completion of his epic <i>A Dance to the Music of Time</i>, <i> O, How the Wheel Becomes It!</i> fulfills perhaps every author's fantasy as it skewers a conceited, lazy, and dishonest critic. A writer who avoids serving in World War II and veers in and out of marriage, G. F. H. Shadbold ultimately falls victim to the title's spinning--and righteous--emblem of chance. Sophisticated and a bit cruel, <i>Wheel</i>'s tale of posthumous vengeance is, netheless, irresistible. Written at the peak of the late British master's extraordinary literary career, this vel offers profound insight into the mind of a great artist whose unequaled style, ear for dialogue, and eye for irony will delight devotees and new readers alike.
- Author BiographyAnthony Powell (1905 2000) was an English novelist best known for A Dance to the Music of Time, which was published in twelve volumes between 1951 and 1975. He also wrote seven other novels, a biography of John Aubrey, two plays, and three volumes of collected reviews and essays, as well as a four-volume autobiography, an abridged version of which, To Keep theBallRolling, is available from theUniversity of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Anthony Powell
- PublisherUniversity of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementabridged edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.