Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.50+ AU $12.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by jaynestreasurebox
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.73Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho wouldn't love to put fantastic food on the table--extraordinary pleasures for everyday eating; delicious treats that can be prepared in record time; comfort food that brings family and friends together; luxurious meals that cost barely more than fast food; divine dishes perfect for guests or just for quiet nights at home? Now you can have all that and more with this first-ever collection of 175 of the best recipes from O, The Oprah Magazine. O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook offers something for everyone--and for all types of occasions, whether you're preparing a feast or looking for a simple dish to satisfy a craving. Appetizers range from an easy-to-make Crostini with Wild Mushrooms and Mozzarella to Crushed Potato with Smoked Salmon, Caviar, and Chives; from elegant Grilled Sea Scallops with Tomato-Black Olive Vinaigrette to delectable Fried Green Tomato Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing. Inspiration comes from all around the globe, and you can w enjoy at-home dishes such as a tantalizingly bright bowl of Callaloo soup, Moroccan Cinnamon-Rubbed Leg of Lamb, the best Tiramisu ever, an addictive Cuban Grilled Corn on the Cob with Queso Blanco and Lime, and a crazy-delicious New Orleans Creole Gumbo. Desserts include decadent Black Currant-Tea Chocolate Truffles, amazingly simple Chocolate Pots de Creme, Heavenly Fresh Mint Ice Cream, and silky smooth Banana Pudding. Drinks include a Pomegranate Daiquiri and a Strawberry Mint Iced Tea, and a frothy Mexican hot chocolate. Also included are advice on pairings of wine with food and a special index that leads you right to holiday foods, snacks, vegetarian recipes, party favorites, and kid-friendly dishes. Along with the recipes, more than 60 professional chefs and celebrated gourmands provide informative, entertaining, and vibrant lessons and advice about food and cooking--and life. Maya Angelou talks about food as a way to soothe discord, but even more important, as a joyful part of life; Gayle King describes how a true food lover can take equal pleasure from fine dining in a fancy restaurant and a casual burger joint; Marcus Samuelsson explains how travel can expand your palate; Nina Simonds brings home vital lessons from Asia about family dining; Art Smith gives inimitable advice on how to make eating outdoors easy, delicious, and fun. Other wonderful contributions come from Govind Armstrong, Leah Chase, Colin Cowie, Rozanne Gold, Michel Nischan, Susan Spungen, and Rori Trovato. More than a collection of recipes, this book is a guide to enjoying food, elevating every dining experience, and appreciating the special role that cooking and eating can, together, play in our lives.
- Author BiographyAmy Gross is the editor in chief for O magazine and was one of the founding members of Mirabella magazine. Amy is the co-author of Women Talk About Breast Surgery: Diagnosis to Recovery and Women Talk About Gynecological Surgery.
- Date of Publication02/06/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1194 g
- Width202 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byO Magazine
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.