All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.68Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.08Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionO'Hearn is the third vel by highly praised writer Greg Mulcahy, author of Out of Work, Constellation, and Carbine. Timely and mordantly sardonic, O'Hearn tells the story of the disintegration of a man's life refracted through the prism of his office life. Greg Mulcahy's new vel opens on a man suffering an accident at his workplace. His colleagues there are kwn, at least initially, only as O'Hearn and Miuche. In the aftermath of the incident, this trinity begins to falls apart. His career falls apart. His life falls apart. O'Hearn is the story of the story the man tells himself in confused chrology as he struggles to make sense of a world and a landscape where things have stopped making sense. The laws of causation are absent or profoundly obscured in this explanatory narrative, but then so is all individual motivation. Action seems to end only in a world of winners and losers and occurs solely to reinforce that world by further enriching the winners at the, sometimes willful, expense of the losers. O'Hearn is funny, contradictory, satiric, heartbreaking-a work unlike anything in our contemporary literature.
- Author BiographyGreg Mulcahy is the author of Out of Work, Constellation, and Carbine. He lives in Minnesota, USA.
- Author(s)Greg Mulcahy
- PublisherThe University of Alabama Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNormal
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFiction Collective Two
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.