All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionInfluencing a whole generation of artists, musicians and theorists, since the late 1970s Christian Marclay has explored the interplay between sound, audio cultures and art across a diversity of media: performance, sculpture, photography, collage, musical composition, film, video and installation. Born in 1955, Marclay first became internationally kwn in the 1980s for his sculptures and reassembled readymades generated from evocative materials such as fragmented vinyl records or album covers. His ambitious multi-screen installations such as Video Quartet (2002), Crossfire (2007) and The Clock (2010) have entranced audiences into contemplating the complexities of time and narrative and the role of sound in their experience and representation. Marclay has also collaborated musically with Shelley Hirsch, the Kros Quartet, Zeena Parkins, Elliott Sharp, Sonic Youth and John Zorn, among many others.
- Author BiographyChristian Marclay was born in California in 1955, raised in Geneva, and lives and works in New York and London. His solo exhibitions include San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (2001), Tate Modern, London (2004), Musee d'Art Moderne et Contemporain, Geneva (2008), Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, and Los Angeles County Museum of Art (2011). He was awarded the Golden Lion at the 2011 Venice Biennale.
- PublisherWhitechapel Gallery
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleOn&By
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhitechapel Gallery
- Weight568 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJean-Pierre Criqui
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.