CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionDan Youra illustrates 20 Obama quotations with 20 colorful editorial cartoons spread across this 48 page book. Obama Red Book is a compilation of quotations from Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States of America. In the tradition of turning swords into ploughshares, a spirit ignited by Isaiah the prophet and still burning in the charter of the United Nations, this little red book casts its lot on the side of words - sayings and quotations - seeds to plant in the furrows of the next generation. But with this caveat: words of leaders seeking change are invitations to think, t necessarily invitations to act.
- Author BiographyDan Youra has been drawing editorial cartoons ever since submitting his first cartoons to college newspapers in the 1960s. His first political cartoon published in 1965 in The Dupage of Maryknoll College in Chicago. Youra has always loved drawing cartoons. He has a whole family and zoo full of his creations. His U family is made up of Ulysses, Ureka, Uclid and Urana. Youra's U cartoons are online on the web at www.utoons.com. He worked as an educational planner for the Washington State Council of Higher Education and as a planner for the Washington State Library, where he designed the LIFE Project (Library Information Facility on the Environment) for EXPO 74 in Spokane. Youra was born in Wisconsin and received his high school diploma from St. Lawrence Seminary in Mt. Calvary. There he contributed artwork to the school yearbook. As a Fulbright scholar, Youra studied in Argentina for one year in 1968, before entering graduate school at Ohio State University. There he studied quantitative analysis and computer research at the Behavioral Sciences Laboratory for three years. He attended summer school in 1969 at the University of Michigan's Institute for Social Research and he worked as managing editor of Current Thought on Peace and War, an international digest published at the United Nations in New York.
- Author(s)Dan Youra
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.