All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNuclear threats have become more dangerous and more complex in recent years. The number of states possessing nuclear weapons w stands at nine. Roughly 25.000 nuclear warheads still remain in the arsenals of those states. Barack Obama spoke of a world free of nuclear weapons in his April 2009 speech in Prague. For the authors in this book there is doubt that a new atmosphere has arisen thanks to new policies pursued by the Obama administration and the response it has evoked in the world. A world free of nuclear weapons is clearly t going to happen overnight and will be a long-term process, however. This book places his goal of disarmament into the context of the n-proliferation regime, and discusses how n-proliferation and disarmament are linked. The authors propose certain steps that could be taken to help to curb proliferation and move towards disarmament.
- Author BiographyHeinz Gartner is professor at the Austrian Institute for International Affairs (OIIP) and lecturer at the University of Vienna. Among others he had visiting professorships and research stays at the Institute for East-West Security Studies (New York), the University of Erlangen (Germany), St. Johns College (Oxford), the University of British Colombia, the World Policy Institute (New York), the University of New Haven and the Stanford University. He published widely on European and International security, arms control and on U.S. foreign policy.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleInternationale Sicherheit
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note2, 2 tables
- Weight500 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHeinz Gaertner
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.