All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionBarack Obama entered office on a wave of popular expectation; will he exit at the hands of a Tea Party inspired populist tsunami or return for four more years? Obama in Office brings together well-established political scientists and journalists to offer the first detailed assessment of President Obama and his first two years in office. This book covers the range of policy tests which the administration has faced during this period, including the recession and its jobless recovery, health care reform, financial regulation, the BP oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, and the ongoing war in Afghanistan. Looking beyond the midterms, Obama in Office considers the results of 2010, the impact of the Tea Party, and the prospects for 2012.
- Author BiographyJames A. Thurber is Distinguished University Professor and Director of the Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies at American University. He is author or editor of numerous titles including, most recently, new editions of the classics, Rivals for Power: Presidential-Congressional Relations (2009) and (with Candice J. Nelson) Campaigns and Elections American Style: Transforming American Politics (2009).
- Author(s)James A. Thurber
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.