Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is a political playwright? Does theatre have any direct effect on society? Why choose to work in a medium which speaks to so few? Is theatre itself facing oblivion? Since 1978, Hare has sought to address these and other questions in occasional lectures given both in Britain and abroad. Bringing to the lectern the same wit, insight and gift for the essential for which his plays are kwn, Hare presents the distilled result of a lifetime's sustained thinking about art and politics.
- Author BiographyDavid Hare has written over twenty stage plays, among them Plenty, The Secret Rapture, Racing Demon, and Stuff Happens. He has adapted into English plays by Pirandello, Brecht, Chekhov, Schnitzler, Lorca and Gorky.
- Author(s)David Hare
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication04/01/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight204 g
- Width126 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.