All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe major topic of this book is the integration of data and programming languages and the associated methodologies. To my kwledge, this is the first book on modern programming languages and programming meth- odology devoted entirely to database application environments. At the same time, it is written with the goal of reconciling the relational and object-oriented approaches to database management. One of the reasons that influenced my decision to write this book is my dissatisfaction with the fact that the existing books on programming methodology and the associated concepts, techniques, and programming language tation are largely based on mathematical problems and math- ematically oriented algorithms. As such, they give the impression that modern program structures, associated techniques, and methodologies, t to speak of the formal ones, are applicable only to problems of that sort. Although important, such problems are of limited applicability and scale. This does t apply to books in which modem concepts, techniques, methodologies, and programming language tation are applied to systems programming. But, even so, this does t demonstrate that in entirely application-oriented problems-those in which modern computer tech- logy is most widely used-modern programming methodology is just as important. This book is meant to be a step toward providing a more convincing support of such a claim and, thus, is based entirely on common, what one might call business-oriented, problems in which database techlogy has been successfully used.
- Author(s)Suad Alagic
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleMonographs in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight516 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.