All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe popularity of object-oriented concepts, design, and programming has stimulated the need for a database system that enables a straightforward process to store and retrieve object instances. Object-Oriented Oracle explores object-oriented features and techniques in Oracle DBMS. This book describes comprehensive and fundamental aspects of object-oriented data modeling and implementation in Oracle. It covers the implementation of structural aspects of an object model, including object types, collection types, object referencing, nested tables, and inheritance structures, as well as the behavioral aspects including encapsulated member procedures and functions. Object-Oriented Oracle discusses the complete cycle of database design using object-oriented concepts, implementation of object-relational Oracle, and data manipulations using member procedures/functions and object-relational queries. Object-Oriented Oracle contains a wealth of information, such as case studies in every chapter, as well as exercises at the end of each chapter which helps readers to absorb the topics better, all reasons this book is a necessary collection addition for academics, researchers, educators, and IT professionals everywhere.
- Author BiographyJohanna Wenny Rahayu received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from La Trobe University, Australia, in 2000. Her thesis was in the area of object-relational database design and transformation technology. This thesis has been awarded as the 2001 Computer Science Association Australia Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. Dr. Rahayu is currently a Senior Lecturer at La Trobe University. She has published a book and numerous research articles. David Taniar holds Bachelor (Honours), Master, and Ph.D. degrees - all in Computer Science and Information Technology, with a particular speciality in Databases. His research areas now expand to Data Mining and Warehousing. He has published more than 100 research articles appeared in international journals and conference proceedings. Eric Pardede is presently a Ph.D. candidate at La Trobe University, Australia. He received a Master degree in information Technology and Quality Management from La Trobe University, Australia and University of Wollongong, Australia, respectively.
- Author(s)David Taniar,Eric Pardede,Wenny Rahayu
- PublisherIGI Global
- Date of Publication31/03/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCyberTech Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.