All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionOblique Prayers is arranged in four thematic sections that, taken together, work toward a mature philosophy in equal harmony with public activism and private reflection. A personal mood links the poems of Decipherings. In Prisoners, the poet addresses the continuing horrors of our dark time: gecide, imperialism, impending nuclear holocaust--human degradation in brutal political guise. Levertov is an accomplished translator. With Fourteen Poems by Jean Joubert, she introduces English-speaking readers to a contemporary French poet whose work is remarkably akin to her own. Of God and of the Gods, the final section of the book, is informed by a transcendent lyricism that can equate in a breath a day of spring, a needle's eye.
- Author BiographyDenise Levertov (1923-1997) was a British born American poet. She wrote and published 20 books of poetry, criticism, translations. She also edited several anthologies. Among her many awards and honors, she received the Shelley Memorial Award, the Robert Frost Medal, the Lenore Marshall Prize, the Lannan Award, a grant from the National Institute of Arts and Letters, and a Guggenheim Fellowship.
- Author(s)Denise Levertov
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication12/12/1984
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight110 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.