All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionObservation is an essential skill for all who work as carers and educators of children. It is the key way to assess a child's stage of development, to assess their progress, to alert you to their needs, to plan for their teaching and to enjoy each child's unique qualities. This book has been written to guide you through the process and to become a skilled practitioner. Observing Children and Young People : is based on real observations; describes aims and objectives; illustrates methods of recording observations; provides guidance on observing children with SEN; suggests activities for promoting progress; and offers a detailed breakdown of developmental milestones. Now in its 4th edition, this is a well-established, user-friendly and invaluable guide to observation techniques for everyone working with children and young people, with new material on observation of an extended age range, from 0-16 years. It is essential reading for all CACHE, Edexcel, Open University and City & Guilds validated courses for a vast range of childcare practitioners who work in a variety of settings, including schools, nurseries, hospitals and homes. Contents will also appeal to teaching assistants, trainee and practising teachers, and those studying for foundation and undergraduate degrees in Childhood Studies.
- Author BiographyCarole Sharman is an NVQ early years trainer, assessor and verifier.
- Author(s)Carole Sharman,Diana Vennis,Wendy Cross
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/04/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.