All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNeurotransmitters in the brain are the current focus of obsessive compulsive disorders to better address the approximately 2.5 million people in the United States diagsed with OCD. As seems the way of psychiatry practice, a disorder is viewed and treated from one perspective for a period, then a new perspective is in the forefront. Such is the case with obsessive compulsive disorders, originally treated as a behavioral problem with psychotherapy, w considered a brain circuitry disorder that can be treated with psychopharmacotherapeutics. This issue contains topics that focus on neuroscience of the brain and genetics in relation to OCD, providing the psychiatrist a comprehensive review of the current thought, approach, diagsis, and treatment related to OCD and its related disorders. Topics include: Etiological hypotheses of OCD - molecules to circuits; Models of obsessive compulsive and related disorders; Cognitive neuroscience of OCD; Genetics of obsessive compulsive and related disorders; Tic disorders - spearate or related disorder; Pediatric acute-onset neuropsychiatric syndrome (PANS); Body dysmorphic disorder; Trichotillomania; Hoarding disorder; Pharmacotherapy; Device based interventions; Cognitive behavioral therapy for OCD.
- PublisherElsevier - Health Sciences Division
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSt Louis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.