All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2010 Shirley Jackson Award, nine stories of cosmic horror from the heir apparent to Lovecraft's throne. Laird Barron has emerged as one of the strongest voices in modern horror and dark fantasy fiction, building on the eldritch tradition pioneered by writers such as H. P. Lovecraft, Peter Straub, and Thomas Ligotti. His stories have garnered critical acclaim and have been reprinted in numerous year's best anthologies and minated for multiple awards, including the Crawford, International Horror Guild, Shirley Jackson, Theodore Sturgeon, and World Fantasy awards. His debut collection, The Imago Sequence and Other Stories, was the inaugural winner of the Shirley Jackson Award. He returns with his second collection, Occultation. Pitting ordinary men and women against a carnivorous, chaotic cosmos, Occulation's nine tales of terror (two published here for the first time) were minated for just as many Shirley Jackson awards, winning for the vella Mysterium Tremendum and the collection as a whole. Featuring an introduction by Michael Shea, Occultation brings more of the spine-chillingly sublime cosmic horror Laird Barron's fans have come to expect. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyLaird Barron is the author of the novel The Croning and three collections of short fiction: The Imago Sequence, Occultation, and The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All. His work has appeared in many magazines and anthologies. An expatriate Alaskan, Barron currently resides in the wilds of upstate New York. Michael Shea is an American fantasy, horror, and science fiction author. He is the winner of two World Fantasy Awards, and has been nominated for Nebula and Hugo awards. Shea lives in Healdsburg, California.
- Author(s)Laird Barron
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication22/07/2014
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNewberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Introduction byMichael Shea
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.