Occupational Crime: Deterrence, Investigation and Reporting in Compliance with Federal Guidelines by Ernest C. Blount (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $237.41+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionDID YOU KNOW? While organizational entities cant be sent to prison, they can be heavily fined, ordered to make restitution, placed on probation, forced to forfeit property, suffer public and stakeholder recriminations, and can be forced out of business. Avoid these unnecessary repercussions with Occupational Crime: Deterrence, Investigation, and Reporting in Compliance with Federal Guidelines. Whether you are starting from scratch or you wish to benchmark an existing program against ather framework, this book takes you from legal mandates and program design to implementation and maintenance to help you develop an effective Employee Security-Awareness Program that accommodates the compliance needs specific to your organization. DON'T LET YOUR COMPANY BE THE NEXT STATISTIC We all watched it happen: the demise of a powerhouse corporation caused by the irreverent and illegal actions of a handful of employees and executives. If it wasn't clear before the Enron/Arthur Andersen fiasco, it's painfully obvious w: Not only do we have to worry about our employees committing crimes against us as employers, we may even be held accountable for their actions! From governmental entities to partnerships to n-profit establishments - organizations can be indicted, criminally charged, prosecuted, and found guilty of criminal conduct. If you haven't yet heard of the US Sentencing Commission, and more specifically Chapter Eight, Sentencing of Organizations, of the United States Sentencing Guidelines, it's time to learn. Occupational Crime: Deterrence, Investigation, and Reporting in Compliance with Federal Guidelines clearly explains how Chapter Eight sets forth punishment for organizations convicted of federal crimes, including felonies and Class A misdemears, and describes an effective compliance program and other incentives that can mitigate sanctions. It begins by defining the problem of organizational crime and puts into perspective the abusive employee behavior problem. Then the book examines the price that businesses, institutions, individuals, and the nation pays for organizational crime and shows how to calculate those costs. Thirdly, it provides the tools for the solution of the problem - through the implementation and maintenance of a customized Employee Security-Awareness Program. Finally, the book provides supplemental materials you can use for program planning, records, and communications media. In every venue, societal and governmental, abusive employee behavior and occupational crime is a costly and intricate issue demanding vigilant management attention and diverse remedies. Considering the uniqueness of each company, there is one size fits all formula for an effective compliance program. Written by a 25-year veteran of corporate internal security and a certified fraud examiner, Occupational Crime helps you customize, matter the size or type of company, a compliance program that will meet and exceed federal guidelines. With its step-by-step presentation, you will learn how to prevent, detect, and report crimes committed by employees on behalf of or against your organization.
- Author(s)Ernest C. Blount
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2002
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.