All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its second edition, this is the only book on occupational therapy in oncology and palliative care. It has been thoroughly updated, contains new chapters, and like the first edition will appeal to a range of allied health professionals working with patients with a life-threatening illness. The book explores the nature of cancer and challenges faced by occupational therapists in oncology and palliative care. It discusses the range of occupational therapy intervention in symptom control, anxiety management and relaxation, and the management of breathlessness and fatigue. The book is produced in an evidence-based, practical, workbook format with case studies. New chapters on creativity as a psychodynamic approach; outcome measures in occupational therapy in oncology and palliative care; HIV-related cancers and palliative care.
- Author BiographyJill Cooper has been head occupational therapist for 13 years at The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, the largest cancer centre in Europe and world-renowned for its research and treatment of cancer. She has published articles with colleagues on different aspects of clinical areas within oncology and palliative care including radiation-induced brachial plexopathy, outcome measures and specifics of working practice in palliative care. She works alongside other medical, nursing and allied healthcare professionals to ensure patients in oncology and palliative care receive the highest standard of care available.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width180 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJill Cooper
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.