All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionExotic...erotic... Ocean Sea is highly romantic and breathtakingly lyrical. -- The New York Times Book Review With Silk, his first vel to appear in English, Alessandro Baricco immediately proved himself to be a magical storyteller. With Ocean Sea, he has been acclaimed as the successor to Italo Calvi, and a major voice in modern literature. In Ocean Sea, Alessandro Baricco presents a hyptizing postmodern fable of human malady--psychological, existential, erotic--and the sea as a means of deliverance. At the Almayer Inn, a remote shoreline hotel, an artist dips his brush in a cup of ocean water to paint a portrait of the sea. A scientist pens love letters to a woman he has yet to meet. An adulteress searches for relief from her proclivity to fall in love. And a sixteen-year-old girl seeks a cure from a mysterious condition which science has failed to remedy. When these people meet, their fates begin to interact as if by design. Enter a mighty tempest and a ghostly mariner with a thirst for vengeance, and the Inn becomes a place where destiny and desire battle for the upper hand. Playful, provocative, and ultimately profound, Ocean Sea is a vel of striking originality and wisdom.
- Author BiographyAlessandro Baricco has won numerous literary awards in Italy and France. He lives in Turin, Italy.
- Author(s)A Baricco,A McEwen
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.