Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionWhat affects the oceans affects terra firma. Ocean Solutions, Earth Solutions gathers the insights of more than 50 ocean and coastal science researchers exploring ocean components and their relationships, patterns, and trends over time and space. The book's 16 chapters feature geographic information system (GIS) best practices and include additional online resources.The book is edited by oceagrapher and Esri chief scientist Dawn J. Wright and features a foreword by oceagrapher David Gallo, director of special projects for the Woods Hole Oceagraphic Institution in Massachusetts.
- Author BiographyEsri chief scientist Dawn J. Wright is also professor of geography and oceanography at Oregon State University, USA. In 2007, the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education named her US Professor of the Year for the State of Oregon. She is also a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and a new fellow of Stanford University's Aldo Leopold Leadership Program in science communication. Her research interests include geographic information science; ocean informatics and cyber infrastructure; benthic terrain and habitat characterization; and the processing and interpretation of high-resolution bathymetry, video, and underwater photographic images. Wright received a PhD in physical geography and marine geology from the University of California, Santa Barbara; an MS in oceanography from Texas A&M University; and a BS with honors from Wheaton College in Illinois. She is also certified by the GIS Certification Institute as a GIS professional (GISP). She coauthored the book Arc Marine: GIS for a Blue Planet, published by Esri Press in 2007.
- PublisherESRI Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationRedlands
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnvironmental Systems Research Institute Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date26/02/2017
- Content Note165 illustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width213 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDawn J. Wright
- Foreword byDavid Gallo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.