Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- Description'Thrilling' Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall 'Authoritative and furious, urgent and persuasive' Sunday Times 'Compelling ...Roberts is that precious pearl: a practising scientist who t only kws his field inside out, but also understands how to write' Guardian Oceans are the most mysterious places on earth. Their depths remain largely unexplored, yet ninety-five percent of the planet's habitable space lies within them. And w the life they support is in the balance. Callum Roberts uses his lifetime's experience working with the oceans to take us on a paramic tour beneath the seas, exploring the richness of life in the deep and how it has altered over the centuries. He shows the catastrophic impact of humanity on the oceans, but also how we can restore them to life. 'For anyone who loves the sea, Ocean of Life is a wake-up call, an urgent alert' Daily Mail 'At the heart of this book is a deep love of the ocean and a profound concern for its viability as a resource for us all' Nature 'An impressive history ...one of this book's strengths is the many solutions Roberts outlines' Financial Times
- Author BiographyCallum Roberts is professor of marine conservation at the University of York. For the last 10 years he has campaigned for stronger protection for the sea at national and international levels, including advising the United Nations, European Commission and the European Parliament. He was on the WWF-US National Council for six years and currently serves as a Council Member of Fauna and Flora International, a Board Member of Seaweb and a WWF-UK Ambassador. Callum's first book The Unnatural History of the Sea won the Rachel Carson Environment Book Prize, and was named by The Washington Post as one of the Best 10 Books of the Year.
- Author(s)Callum Roberts
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. map, port.
- Weight327 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.