Oceanography: The Past: Proceedings of theThird International Congress on the History of Oceanography, Held September 22-26, 1980 at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, USA on the Occasion of the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Founding of the Institution by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 2011)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume, Oceagraphy: The Past, is the Proceedings of the Third Inter- national Congress on the History of Oceagraphy, organized under the auspices of the Woods Hole Oceagraphic Institution at Woods Hole, Massachusetts, USA, September 22-26, 1980. The Congress is a part of the year-long celebration of the Fiftieth Anniversary of the founding of the Woods Hole Oceagraphic Institution. It will be followed by an Assembly, September 29 -October 2, in which invited speakers will address the question, Will we use the oceans wisely-the next SO years in oceagra- phy? The papers from the Assembly will also be published by Springer-Verlag as Oceagraphy: The Present and Future, a companion volume to this book. The First International Congress on the History of Oceagraphy was held at the Musee Ocean~graphique in Monaco, December 12-17, 1966. It coincided with the centennial of the beginning of the distinguished career of Prince Albert I as a student and patron of oceagraphy, for it was in 1866 that he first went to sea-on the armored frigate Tetuan of the Royal Spanish Navy. The results of this Congress were published as 57 papers in the Bulletin de l'Institut Oceagra- phique (special . 2, vols. 1-3, pp. XLII + 807, 1968).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byD. Merriman,Mary Sears
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.