CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Books
Save on Other Books
- AU $23.88Trending at AU $25.54
- AU $24.36Trending at AU $28.90
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $33.54
- AU $32.50Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.69
- AU $25.05Trending at AU $26.04
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe British Merchant Navy fleet in the 1950's and 60's was the largest in the world. The book paints a verbal picture of what life was like in the service at that time. There are many thousands of men and women who have served faithfully both before and after that period, of whom very little is kwn or has been written about. Oceans Apart is one attempt to redress the balance. It give an autobiographical account of one man's experiences throughout his career from the day he joined the Sea Training School at Gravesend, Kent, aged seventeen to the day he left the sea for good. Written from the viewpoint of an ordinary Deck Hand the book provides an account of the daily life onboard both freighters and tankers, plus one liner. It shows a unique perspective, and gives an insight into the experiences of the silent heroes the country relies upon to ensure provisions for the nation. Oceans Apart is a historical and geographical autobiography where the reader accompanies A.B. Michael John Kenn on his travels and follows his adventures on the high seas. The reader will experience the humorous incidents and endure the hardships, live the solitude and enjoy the camaraderie of a life on the ocean wave. It is a true insight into the souls of the men who have served in the British Merchant Navy.
- Author(s)Michael John Kenn a B
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight912 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.